Monday, September 3, 2018

YouTube's Excuse for Not Being Approved for Monetization

The image below is their reason for not monetizing my channel. It makes absolutely NO sense. Why? Perhaps they are speaking of the movie that I had uploaded that is in the public domain? This movie is called Dementia13 and the original, the one I had uploaded, is in the public domain. Someone tried to claim copyright on the movie and I had an appeal. Obviously, YouTube thinks that people are guilty before proven innocent.


This is the only think I can think of. Their excuse makes it look like I upload other people's videos without permission, which I don't.

Many people claim illegal copyright on videos they don't own and then suddenly you are "guilty" without committing a crime and the ones committing a crime are making you prove you are innocent. It's ridiculous! Try uploading Night of the Living Dead. You will get hit by at least 2 channels claiming they own the copyright. They don't. Night of the Living Dead is in the public domain.

In some cases you can't even appeal. How do you fix that immediate upload of their mistake? Create your own edition of the movie but even then you will eventually get hit by some jerk who claims it for his own.

I had Dementia13 uploaded at the time of this appeal. If this is what they were talking about then they should have listed the video. Whatever the reason is, YouTube should list every single video they have a problem with instead of playing with people's livelihood and well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment